Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A Note from Mama . . .


I hadn't planned to go on this trip until one of my daughters had to drop out, and I made a "spur of the moment" decision to take her place. I now know God had this trip planned for me from all eternity. A few days after we arrived, I was struggling and confided to Sarah that I wished I hadn't come and couldn't wait to go home. Every day I threw myself into the work, and every night I questioned God, "What am I doing here?" I was comforted by the knowledge that people were praying for me, and God has a purpose for everything.

Removed from our escalating life style here in the States, I saw afresh what was truly eternal. Halfway through the trip, I was drawn to a little boy with multiple handicaps. As I spent time with him, I saw his beautiful spirit, in spite of the hardships he had suffered, and I knew God was giving me his compassion for "one of the least of these."


Flying back to the States, looking out at the clouds enveloping us, James 2:14, "Your life is like a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away," kept going through my mind, and I said, "Lord, I'm available and I'm willing, but you'll have to orchestrate everything."

God wonderfully gave my husband and my children the same compassion he gave me, and, Lord willing, we'll be bringing this little fellow to PA for medical care. The exciting thing about this "short term" mission trip is that it isn't over. It will impact our family, and many others for eternity. We have a great God! Praise be to Him!



No comments:

Post a Comment