Saturday, November 21, 2009

A note from Abigail . . .


My excitement grew as I watched people coming from the flight to claim their luggage and go home. I loved going to the airport with my mom and sister to pick up our little baby and meet him for the first time in person though he had already won my heart. He is beyond adorable in real life and keeps capturing all of our hearts. I am teaching him the song "I am so happy, so very happy... I got the love of Jesus in my heart". He sings all day about how happy he is. I love to cuddle with him, get kisses from him, and sing and play with him.  He is so dear and I love him so much . . . I can't get enough of him. He is a beautiful work of the hands of God!! Every time I look at him, I think of how beautiful he is and how God has a great and glorious plan for his precious little life. He has so much joy and love and I treasure him. I love to listen to Christmas music with him and he gets a big smile on his face when I sing along and we both clap in rhythm. To me, our baby is like a little miracle given to this world by the hand of God. Every time I see his little face and his little arms reaching for me and saying," Abba", I think of how the love of God is so deeply intense and beautiful. I see beauty in his face, and his love for me reminds me of the steadfast love God has for each one of us. I want to share the love of Jesus with him. As I rock him to sleep, and sing to him, I pray that he will possess the love of God and grow to be a man who is firm and steadfast in the knowledge and devotion to God. I miss him when I am not with him and I love to wake up and hear his voice and see his little face. I feel so blessed to be a part of his life and I think it it is dear the way he turns his face back and forth so I can kiss each side. As of today, he is very  generous in his kisses. He is a precious example to me (and to everyone who sees him) of the handiwork of God. I am so thankful to God for allowing my heart to be captured by this precious child  and to help love one who is held in the hand of our great God.
-Abigail

No comments:

Post a Comment