Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Update . . .

When we brought Little B over to the US for medical intervention, we thought there would be a lot we could do for him; however, after having him examined and evaluated, it doesn't look like there is a whole lot we can do for him regarding his vision and his spina bifida. Could he walk one day? Perhaps. Will his vision be restored? Not likely. He will never walk, run or see like other children his age . . . and he will never be the size he should be. Yet despite all of this, he is amazing. When you look at him, do you see a disabled child, or do you see a beautiful child who is cheerful, sings, gives kisses and says, "I love you, too!?" We love him just as he is . . . and although he isn't perfect in the eyes of the world, he is amazing. When he sings, "You knit me together in my mother's womb; I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made" he is singing truth!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, Sarah. He really sings, "You knit me together in my mother's womb; I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made?" That is soooo awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- my heart goes out to you all. You've all worked really hard with Little B and seen a lot of progress! It's a shame you can't help him more medically but you're right- He is amazing! God still took special care in forming him. I can hear his little voice right now... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, he really sings Psalm 139:13-14 :-) He picks up tunes immediately, and some words (although he can't pronounce all the words) And yes, Jill, he is God's amazing handiwork :-)

    ReplyDelete